Black Rock Forest prioritizes the health and safety of all campers, staff, and instructors. We will be practicing the following precautions to make our Forest a healthy and safe environment. For more detailed information about our COVID-19 safety protocols, click here.
- Group Size: Group sizes will be limited to 12 students and 2 instructors and will remain separate from other groups within the Forest.
- Daily Screening: All campers will be temperature-checked daily, and we will ask parents a set of questions about their recent health each time they drop off at camp.
- Medical Team: Our staff is comprised of a licensed EMT and a team that is trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid to provide guidance and care for your child while they are at camp. Other medical resources and facilities nearby include Storm King School’s infirmary (5-minute drive) and Montefiore St. Luke’s Hospital in Newburgh (15-minute drive).
- Masks / Face Coverings: Staff, campers, and instructors will be required to wear masks inside and outside the facility
- Floor markings and signage: Use of indoor space will be extemely limited. In the event of indoor occupation, safe distances will be marked throughout our buildings to help keep children appropriately spaced. Reminders for handwashing, social distancing, and safe sneezing will be posted throughout camp facilities.
- Hygiene: Plexiglass dividers will be installed at sink stations and scheduled handwashing breaks will be built into each group’s schedule. In addition, hand sanitizer will be available for campers to use throughout camp.
- Activities: Activities will be modified to limit physical contact and will be held predominately outdoors for the whole day. Equipment will be cleaned between uses and/or sufficient supplies will be provided for all campers to enjoy
- Cleaning: Our facilities will be regularly cleaned to disinfect our camp throughout the day, plus our facilities team will perform a deep-clean every night after lights out.
To learn more about Summer Science Camp and to register, click here